The Little Prince

Monday, March 14, 2011
Last Thursday I bought a new book titled The Little Prince. Well it's not actually new but it is as good as new. It even had a plastic cover and the pages are so glossy. So I bought it from an online seller for only P100.00. I found the ad while I was browsing for cheaper books online.

Actually I already read The Little Prince when I was in high school. Sadly, the book wasn't mine. It was my teacher's. Back then I really wanted to have a copy of my own but my allowance was just enough for my daily expenses. I couldn't save enough money to buy this book because you see, I'm not really a thrifty person and I tend to spend my money on food, food, and lots of food. Hahaha! In addition, I really did spend a lot of money on school projects especially my investigatory project which would cost me thousands of pesos every year. So you could imagine how poor I am during high school, kekeke.

Well going back to the subject of this post, I think The Little Prince was really a great book. I like how it was written and how the writer conveyed the morals of the story. I remember the first time I read the book, tears were falling in eyes. I was like "Durn! Why does the little prince have to die?" In addition, the book reminds me of the perks of being a child. It also made me realize a lot of things in life. And now that I already have a copy of my own, I couldn't be happier.

So now whenever I feel like detoxifying and reading something light but meaningful, I know where to turn to. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment